Traffic Accident Common Reasons and Solutions
With the development of science and technology, car is a very common vehicle and can be seem everywhere. Driving is becoming more and more significant in our daily life now. Also the traffic accident is increased day by day. However, letting your car equipped with some safe car gadget, your driving life will be more easy and smooth.
In driving, there are always some common issues for safe driving and parking.
When you are driving you may come across some troubles as below. Here we will tell you what is and how to handle them comfortably.
1, Receive Call When Driving
The evidence and research shows that receiving the call when driving can easily lead to accident. According to the simulation experiments of United States, the attention of drivers would down to 20% when receiving the call. If the call is very important, the attention will drop to 37%. National experts also prove that the probability of car accident caused by call is up to 27.3%, which is as 4 times as the normal traffic risk.
Ways to Deal with:
* Get to know your phone and its features —see if you can dial a number with one key instead of seven or 10, you’re better off.
* Position your phone within easy reach — bending over to reach for it takes your eyes of the road and can cause you to swerve.
* Suspend calls in heavy traffic or in bad weather — you need to focus even more under hazardous conditions.
* Do not take notes or look up phone numbers while driving — enough said.
* Keep conversations short. Inform the person you’re calling that you are driving in a car, and hang up as soon as possible.
* If possible, place calls when you are not moving. Pull over where possible.
* Choose hands-free phones so that you do not need to hold your phone when driving.
2, drunk driving
Driving while either intoxicated or drunk is dangerous and drivers with high blood alcohol content or concentration (BAC) are at greatly increased risk of car accidents, highway injuries and vehicular deaths. Possible prevention measures examined here include establishing DWI courts, suspending or revoking driver licenses, impounding or confiscating vehicle plates, impounding or immobilizing vehicles, enforcing open container bans, increasing penalties such as fines or jail for drunk driving, and mandating alcohol education.
Ways to Handle:
Don’t drink and drive and don’t ride with anyone who has too much to drink. Remember, it is usually themselves and their passengers who are harmed by drunk drivers. The risk of collision for high BAC drivers is dramatically higher than for a non-drinking driver.
* Always use a safety seat belt.
* Use four-lane highways whenever possible.
* Avoid travel after midnight (especially on Fridays and Saturdays).
* Drive defensively.
* Breath analysis is the most common method of testing for blood-alcohol content today. Personal breathalyzers estimate the concentration of alcohol in the body by measuring the amount of alcohol exhaled from the lungs.
Notice the test for impairment does not take into account the abilities of the driver. In most states, a criminal offense occurs where the concentration of alcohol exceeds 80 mg per 100 ml of blood (.08% BAC), without having to prove impairment.
So police officers use the breath alcohol tester to detect alcohol levels in suspected drunk drivers and remove offenders from the roads.
3, Fatigue Driving
After a long, stressful day at work, most of us can’t wait to make that drive home. But that drive, especially if it’s a lengthy commute, could be extremely dangerous if you’re completely exhausted and find that cushy driver’s seat too comfortable. Fatigue behind the wheel is a very real danger, even if you’ve never experienced it firsthand.
Tips for Staying Awake While You’re Driving
* If possible, don’t drive alone. Passengers can take turns driving and also serve as conversation partners to keep you awake.
* Watch your posture. Drive with your head up and your shoulders back. Tuck your buttocks against the seat back.. Legs should not be fully extended, but flexed at about a 45 degree angle.
* Break the monotony. Turn the radio on for a while, then off. Vary speed levels. Chew gum. Stretch your legs, slap your thighs. Talk to yourself. Sing. Keep your eyes moving.
4, Reversing and Parking
According to the survey, traffics caused by reversing and parking is not less than other factors, like drunk driving, fatigue driving and so on. Reversing and parking is a basic skill when driving, but it easily causes the traffic accident, as there are always some dead zones which you can not catch sight of. If you can not be confident with your parking skill, you may follow some tips to get through it.
* Your speed must remain very slow and consistent for the duration of the reverse park maneuver using the gas and biting point technique.
* Ideally the car should not stop during the reverse parking maneuver unless necessary; but in real life this is not always possible. It is better to stop and start again rather than to reverse too fast, simply because too much speed will mess up any maneuver.
* Buy Rear parking sensor to assist you have a better parking skill. Espow online shop can offer you the best quality of car rear view system to get a wider vision of the obstructions behind the car and make your reversing and parking smoothly. You may choose the car gadget to buy together or separately there. It depends on you, espow offer the best car electronics to help your driving be safer.
All in all, as a driver, who should have good common sense, a good personal driver’s record, good judgment & practice, and then he can drive safely. After all, some of those car safe electronics can only assist a driver, but can not control everything.